Wednesday, March 31, 2010
I'm very honored to have this award, bestowed by my friend and fellow illustrator Susan Miller. Thank you, Susan!
Here are the rules for this award...
1) Thank the person who gave you this award.
2) Share 7 things about yourself.
3) Pass the award along to 5 bloggers who you have recently discovered and you think are fantastic!
4) Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award.
Here are 7 things about me:
1) I love Pearl Jam, Puccini, Vivaldi, and Bagpipe music.
2) Browsing used book stores is a favorite hobby - I buy too many!
3) My husband and daughter are still surprised by things I do sometimes. To be honest, so am I.
4) I love taking day trips with my husband and my dog.
5) I'm tall.
6) My collection of Italian soap is fantastic and growing!
7) My daughter lives nearby - I love her like crazy and I'm very lucky!
Here are my top 5 blog picks:
Susan Miller's blog Behind the Pencil, is fresh and fun with lovely artwork and beautiful craft projects.
Judith Moffatt's blog, Ms. Moffatt's Blog is full of her wonderful artwork, photos of her dog Lula Belle (my dog's best buddy!) and clever craft projects too!
Diane Mayr's blog, Random Noodling, is often beautiful, always smart, entertaining and a joy to read. Diane describes herself as "a children's writer, haiku nut, librarian, and lover of noodles."
Laura Jacobsen's blog, Laura Jacobsen Illustration, showcases Laura's beautiful artwork as well as her insiteful, wry and humorous writing. I love her voice!
I always enjoy Paula Pertile's blog, Drawing a Fine Line. Paula has a great sense of humor which shines along with her lovely artwork. She's good at posting newsworthy things for illustrators as well as entertaining things about her life and art.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
An adolescent dragon, big brother to the baby below. Maybe someday I'll put these two together in a drawing. Maybe not. The baby below has more energy, but this guy's got some character.... I think.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Well, no flowers around here yet, but...... something has hatched!